10 SEO Best Practices that Can Improve your Organic Traffic
I bet you will never find the 10th point, even in top-notch SEO sites like Ahrefs, SEMrush, and whatnot!
First things first, this is not about 2023.
This blog is about performance and how optimization can help your URL perform better “organically.”
While researching some unique ideas in adding to the SEO best practices, I could not come up with many other than what other popular SEO sites are saying, EXCEPT THE 10th POINT.
Here are the 10 SEO Best Practices that can improve your organic traffic from zero to millions
- Identify and stick with the “Intent.”
- Fix your target audience
- Create a unique title and meta description
- Create compelling, insightful content
- Optimize your images for Image search.
- Tag your articles under the correct category
- Create a solid internal link structure
- Use authorized external links
- Optimize your site loading speed and UX
- Read further to learn the last suggestion.
Let us discuss every point in brief.
- Identify and stick with the Intent — No one wants to know “How to brush my teeth” if their intent is to buy a toothbrush. All visitors want is to understand how the brush can satisfy their needs in a unique way. This is “Intent.”
- Fix your Target Audience — Writing for a broader audience is a bad choice for attracting organic traffic. It might lead to extra-bounce rates; eventually, nobody gets solutions from you! So, it is a must to know your target audience.
- Create a Unique Title and Meta Description — Make sure that the title you showcase is clickable and shareable. While writing a meta-description, apply a hook. This improves your CTR (Click-Through Rates) more than ever.
- Create Compelling and Insightful Content — This is the best part. Use your experience and expertise while creating the content, which can make the content shareable.
- Optimize Images — Optimizing images will help you rank in image searches. Make sure you create a high-quality copyright-free image, compress it, and add the Alt. Text including the main keyword.
- Tag your Articles Under the Right Category — You may think this is trivial, but it is super important. I have seen many sites go down in traffic despite being well-optimized on-page because of improper tagging.
- Create a solid Internal link structure — Internal links help your readers be redirected to another specific page with relevant information about the anchor text. So, just make it count. Irrelevant internal links or product redirection (unless relevant) will not improve your site’s organic traffic.
- Input authorized external links — Always go for a trusted source while linking externally because readers click external links. Do not attach too many external links. One or two valid external links are sufficient.
- Optimize site loading speed and UX — Your content should load faster and provide the user with a pleasant reading experience. If you still need to, this is the first thing you should work on!
And now comes the 10th and Final point
10. Automate Your Backlinks
Getting high-quality backlinks is super important. That is what many popular SEO sites would have suggested to you. But what if I say you can automate it?
Do not panic! It is not a tool!
You can automate your backlinks if your content is shareable. People might get inspired and use your URL on their site or blog and redirect them, which is purely automatic.
To be specific, that is what authorized sites do. No cold outreach! No listings! Just shareable content.
You need not google — “how to become an authorized site?” That is frivolous.
Instead, develop a topical authority around your pillar page and write high-quality content that answers user queries. That will be well enough to get automatic backlinks.
Caution — Do not totally rely on automating backlinks too. Because automated backlinks might drive your traffic but cannot improve your authority as they can be no-follow links.
Moreover, it is all about satisfying the four priorities of Google right now — Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trust (E-E-A-T).
Last but not least,
SEO practices can improve your organic traffic, but while writing a blog exclusively focussing on SEO,
Keep this in mind
“Write for Humans, and Optimize for Search Engines.” Not the Vice Versa!